Social Media Guidelines
Social Media Policy and Community Standards for Posting
Surefire Medical is a regulated medical device company. While we respect and encourage open dialogue, we may choose to delete comments on our social media pages that contain:
• Obscene, profane, threatening, abusive, defamatory, disparaging, discriminatory, harassing or discourteous language
• False or misleading disease information
• Medical advice
• Personal health information or personal identifying material, including adverse event information.
• False or misleading information, or promotion of off-label use or inappropriate use of our company’s products
• Promotion of illegal activity
• Information that infringes upon copyright or intellectual property rights
• Off-topic information
Surefire Medical may choose to block users who post inappropriate comments.
By tagging Surefire in your posts or posting comments or other content on our corporate social media pages, you grant Surefire Medical and anyone viewing our pages irrevocable permission to copy, distribute, display or perform your work publicly and free of charge.
The content posted on Surefire Medical social media pages is for information only and is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You must always seek the advice of your doctor/physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Surefire Medical is not responsible for the accuracy of the opinions, information, advice or comments on our social media pages not specifically posted by the company.